Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Symbicort - Anti Asthma Maintenance

I was a bit sick during the weekend, slight back and chest pain and mild asthma. Yesterday I took an early leave for an appointment checkup with my Polmonologist at San Juan De Dios. His findings was, i got an allergic reaction due to cigarette smoke. Dr. Araneta just prescribed an antihistamine drug and continue using Symbicort, my anti asthma maintenance.

Ever since i was a baby i already had asthma which i inherited from my Father. Smoke and dusts triggers my asthma. For many years i become dependent to Ventolin Inhaler, to the point that I'm having nervous attack if i don't have one with me (specially at bedtime and when travelling). Then hubby introduced me to Dr. Araneta, a Polmonologist, he advice me to use Symbicort instead of Ventolin Inhaler

Since i started using Symbicort, i had lesser asthma attack (and if i had, it's very mild). I never get easily tired and breathless for running or being active. I don't have sleepless nights due to difficulty in breathing and irritating whizzing sounds. Before i need 6 or more puffs of Ventolin Inhaler a day but with Symbicort one puff is enough to last an active day.

Symbicort® (budesonide/formoterol) is a widely used inhaled medication for asthma and COPD (Read about Symbicort in COPD), delivered via the inhaler device – Symbicort Turbuhaler®.
In asthma, Symbicort is licensed for use as a regular maintenance therapy with a separate short-acting β2-agonist (SABA) as needed or as a maintenance and reliever therapy in one inhaler - Symbicort Maintenance And Reliever Therapy (Symbicort SMART®[1]. Symbicort SMART combines the anti-inflammatory corticosteroid budesonide and the rapid and long-lasting bronchodilator formoterol in one combination inhaler, to provide an effective approach to managing asthma [2-8]. This approach uses the same Symbicort inhaler for both maintenance and relief and offers a simple and convenient asthma treatment.
Read more about budesonide and formoterol.
With Symbicort SMART, patients take a maintenance dose of Symbicort in line with normal practice to establish asthma control and take additional inhalations ‘as needed' of Symbicort if symptoms occur, to provide rapid symptom relief and increased asthma control.
With this approach, the underlying inflammation is treated with every inhalation [9], making it a more effective treatment approach than traditional therapies using a short-acting β2-agonist as needed, improving daily symptom control and reducing asthma attacks [2-7]. Read more aboutclinical efficacy of Symbicort. Symbicort SMART is also a simpler regimen since a separate short-acting bronchodilator is no longer needed.
Symbicort SMART treats the inflammation with every inhalation, whether used for maintenance or relief
You can also ask your physician for a Be SMART card which entitles you to a 50% discount on three (3) turbuhalers.
with this discount card you can have Symbicort for only Php 691.00 from it's original price of Php 1,300+
General Information on Asthma

I'm very thankful because with Symbicort i can have a normal lifestyle
and be an active Wife and Mommy to my two lovely kids.

Helpful Sites:
http://www.sanjuandedios.org/healthministry.htm for Dr. Joven Araneta Clinic Schedule
http://symbicort.com/ more about Symbicort

6 comments:

jhessa said...

how much po ang symbicort ma'am?? sakin kasi hindi na po tumatalab ang ventolin,, ang ginagamit ko ngaun is bricanyl.. ok naman po xa pero baka mas ok nga po yang symbicort if ever,, :D

Unknown said...

1,138.00 sa mercury yan ang ginagamit ko for maintenance

Laurie Hughes said...

I really appreciate  DR AKHIGBE,my name is LAURIE HUGHES . I will never stop testifying DR AKHIGBE , Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HIV virus again. DR AKHIGBE did it for me I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 2 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one place to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day,  I saw a testimony on how DR AKHIGBE helped someone in curing his HIV disease in internet quickly I copied his email which is drrealakhigbe@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days, after using the herbal cure and i did, behold I was free from the deadly disease,till now no HIV in me again he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now,all the testimony of DR AKHIGBE is true  please BROTHER and SISTER, MOTHER and FATHER he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on drrealakhigbe@gmail.com or you can whats App his mobile number on +2348142454860  He can also cure these diseases like HIV and AIDS HERPES,DIABETICS,CANCER, HEPATITIS A&B,CHRONIC DISEASES, ASTHMA, HEART DISEASES, EXTERNAL INFECTION, EPILEPSY, STROKE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS, NAUSEA,VOMITING OR DIARRHEA LUPUS,ECZEMA,BACK PAIN,JOINT PAIN. .ETC .please email drrealakhigbe@gmail.com    or whats APP him  ..+2348142454860  he is a real good and honest man.  
website...  https:drrealakhigbe.weebly.com

Unknown said...

Hi mam isa din po akong ashmatic,akala ko ay mamatay nako sakit kuna tu,2016 nag abroad ako sa taiwan nun pacheck up ako ito din ang niresita ko ng doctor dtu sa taiwan symbicort tubuhaler inhalation powder 120 doses 1inhale before betime,and 1inhale in morning time bagu ka mag mumug na tubig ng 5times,salamat sa dios and i found this inhaler,normal na po ako makapag trabahu almost 4 yrs na po ako mentin nto,thank you din sa nag provide nito....

patrick morrison said...

HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES DISEASE
I'm here to testify about what DR. ANUGE did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain,especially inside my body. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago i came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called DR. Anuge on how he cured her from herpes disease. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact him for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help.so I emailed him telling him about my (HERPES) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as DR. ANUGE assured me that i will be cured,after some time. i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, the test came out negative. So friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact DR. Anuge for help. Email} dranuge@gmail.com WhatsApp /call +2348164866838

Micheal Alexander said...

This is a really informative knowledge, Thanks for posting this informative Information. Symbicort turbuhaler

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...